Some of the things our customers have said about us
We always strive to provide the best customer service possible, so it’s nice to hear from customers who tell us we’ve done a good job. Here’s a sample of some of the nice things that people have said about the quality of our analogue-to-digital transfers and also of the standard of customer service they’ve received:
“Thank you very much for the fantastic service you have provided. The DVDs and VHS Tapes have been received safe and sound, to which the DVDs are of superb quality. I look forward to returning for your services in the near future.”
– Felicity B-P, Kings Lynn, Norfolk. (Multiple VHS to DVD transfers)
“Colin, such a joy to see the footage. Thank you so much for sorting things so promptly and efficiently and with such good humour – much appreciated!”
– Helen S., Independent Video Producer/Director, London. (Batch capture of broadcast-quality DVCAM camera original master tapes and conversion to ProRes422[HQ] for editing in Final Cut Pro X)
“Colin, thank you for the fantastic service we received from you recently when you transferred our DV camcorder tapes to files we could view on our PC and share with family online. It was a real pleasure dealing with you right from the initial phone call through to the final delivery. It is so nice to do business with a person who not only has an instinctive knowledge of a customer’s needs but who delivers on his promises. The video files supplied to us on a USB stick are just the ticket and we thank you so much. Quality is fantastic.”
– Mrs Meredith Everitt, Middlesborough. (MiniDV camcorder tapes to MPEG-4/H.264 video files)
“Many thanks for the DVDs which arrived today. I would like to say how very impressed my wife and I were with the speed of your service and also the quality of the disks. From the moment of our first phone call to you Colin we knew you were the best person for the job and you proved us right! We will pass on your details to our friends who also want some camcorder tapes transferring. A big thank you from both of us.”
– Mr. D. M. Mathews, Castle Bromwich. (VHS and Video-8 camcorder tapes transferred to DVD).
“Dear Colin/SimplyDV, my husband and I would like to say thank you for the first class service we received from you recently. We thought we had lost the only video we have of our daughter as she learned to ride her pony and although we were not optimistic of it transferring very well you did such a professional job and the results are fabulous. What we appreciated was that you took old fashioned type video frames and managed to reshape them to fit perfectly on our wide Sony TV set. We cannot thank you enough for preserving our memories of our daughter. Thank you again.”
– Mrs Vi Sanderson, Borehamwood, Herts. (Video-8 to DVD with 4:3 to 14:9 Teranex processing as anamorphic widescreen video compatible with 16:9 TV screens)
“Dear Colin – The DVDs arrived today and I am delighted with them. Thank you so much for doing them for me and for doing it so quickly, and even better posting them so that they arrived on the only day I was going to be in to receive them this week. These films are from about 52 years ago, it is lovely to be able to watch them again.”
– Mrs J. Reed, London. (Digitise VHS videocassette containing a cherished 8mm home movie collection and create four DVD copies at short notice. The videocassette contained errors that other transfer businesses couldn’t transfer properly).
“Hey Colin, a quick word to say a massive thanks for all your work in converting and upscaling our PAL Digi-Beta and Betacam-SP masters from 4:3 to NTSC 16:9 full-HD 10-bit Uncompressed Quicktimes. As you know, the requirement was to remaster these older UK programmes to HD format NTSC for distribution on Blu-ray in north America. I’m very pleased with the quality of the upscales and standards conversion and I’m very happy to recommend the services of SimplyDV to others. Many thanks!”
– Martyn Sweetman, Independent Video Producer and Distributor, Leeds. (Digitally re-master Betacam format tapes to HD 1920 x 1080p NTSC to 10-bit 4:2:2 Uncompressed Quicktime files).
“Dear Colin, thanks very much for the returned tapes and the hard drive containing the digitise files. I’ll happily recommend Simply DV to others. You’ve certainly gone the extra mile for us and we appreciate that immensely.”
– D. Smith, Cambridge. (Digitising Video-8 and VHS home video recordings direct to MPEG-4/H.264 files for delivery on USB portable hard drive).
“Hi Colin, I received the package today and have just reviewed all the footage. It looks fantastic. I am really impressed by the quality of the up-scales. I was not expecting to get such good results from the PAL video. Many thanks for your professional service and fast turn around. I look forward to using your services again in the future.”
– Nicki L., Independent Video Producer, London. (Creation of Quicktime ProRes422-HQ files from Digital Betacam master tapes, SD 4:3 to HD 1920 x 1080p upscaling using our Blackmagic Teranex 2D.)
“Hi Colin – Just to let you know that the DVD and memory stick arrived safely and I have just spent a happy half hour watching it and wondering where the years have gone! Many thanks for all your help.”
– Gillian W., Moseley, Birmingham. (Frame-scanning of 1940s-1960s 16mm and 8mm cine films to ProRes 422 for editing and compiling to DVD and also supply of separate files as MPEG-4/H.264 on USB stick)
“Got the tapes and USB stick back. The quality is amazing. Thank you so much. It’s so much better than using my USB thingy!”
– Samantha T., Brighton (Capture of eight VHS-C camcorder tape cassettes from late 1990s to MPEG-4/H.264 files for further editing at home. Supplied on 16GB USB Memory stick.)
“Wow, just received the hard drive with the Quicktime ProRes files. I’m really impressed with the quality and they’re perfect for further editing and then integrating into our website and mobile apps. Brilliant job. Many thanks.”
– Nathan Sanders, Nottingham. (Capture of archive TV commercials supplied on U-Matic SP tapes to ProRes422 HQ files for editing in Final Cut Pro and/or Avid Media Composer)
“Hi Colin, a big thank you for converting our company’s 20-years old Betacam-SP training films from tape to video file. We have now managed to upload them to the company’s intranet where the whole team can see a unique bit of their company’s history. Your advice about supplying them as MPEG4-H.264 files was spot on and we are all agreed that the quality is excellent. The guys can now download the films for play back on their iPads which they think is great! Also, I cannot fault the quality of your service or the speed of turnaround.”
– Thomas Barker, Marketing Support Manager, Cranfield, Beds (Digitise Betacam-SP masters to 10-bit uncompressed Quicktime, create MPEG-4/H.264 distribution files)
“Dear Colin, thank you so much for our wedding CDs. What memories they brought back…. including that of the fire alarm that went off during our reception. Something we had forgotten!”
– Frances and Ray Higgins, Luton, Beds. (Digitise 1/4″ audio tape recordings from 1973 and create CD discs. Arrange for transfer of Super-8mm cine film reels and compile DVD disc)
“Hi Colin, a quick email to say thanks very much for the DVD copies of our many old and well worn camcorder videos. It was great to be reminded of happy days and family holidays to France. You did a really good job with the small VHS camcorder tapes, we had thought we would never get to see the videos again. The pictures and sound quality is brilliant and well worth the money. We also appreciate the effort you put into packaging them really nice as well. Best wishes.”
– Laura and Lenny, Bracknell, Northants. (20-year-old VHS-C camcorder tapes to DVD disc)
“Dear Simply DV and Colin – my mum loved the DVD copies you made of my dad’s old camcorder tapes and said they brought back many happy memories, so a big thank you for all your work which is much appreciated. Thanks.”
– Mel Strickland, Bristol (Video-8 camcorder tape transfers to DVD with timebase correction, basic colour procamp reprocessing and audio rebalancing).
“Colin – I’m sorry to land you the job of transferring our 1990’s Betacam-SP edit masters to DVD so close to Christmas. I know I said there was no panic in getting them done before the new year but the fact that you did confirms to me that your standard of service is second to none! I should mention also that the quality of the digital files is really excellent, which is perfect for archiving. We now have found some more tapes that are UMatic lowband (I think) and we will be sending them to you in a couple of weeks. Many thanks again.”
– Anthony Meridith, Carlisle (Betacam-SP transfer to 10-bit Quicktime MOV files for compilation editing in Apple Final Cut Pro X and also media archiving).
“Hi Colin, I can’t tell you how pleased we were at receiving the hard disk drive containing our camcorder tape transfers in time for showing the family at Christmas. As you know, one of the tapes contained clips of my late mother-in-law and it was so nice for us all to be able to view this again. The video transfer quality was much better than we expected, and you did a very good job there with tapes. Also, our family members in New Zealand were really chuffed to be able to download some clips that you kindly put up to dropbox for us. All in all excellent service and great value for money and I have no hesitation in recommending SimplyDV to others. Thank you and happy new year 2013 to you all.”
– Martin Andrew, Tenterden, Kent (Hi-8 and VHS-C camcorder tape transfers to USB pocket drive and transcode to MPEG-4/H.264 via Dropbox FTP)
“Dear Colin….I shall be recommending your name/company to any of my friends/contacts locally who may have family films, in whatever format, that they might want to put onto DVD for posterity! I hope that this may put more business your way.”
– David Young, Surrey (Multiple timebase-corrected VHS transfers of family video archive to DVD with duplicates).
“In this day and age to find someone who is not only technically adept, courteous and does what he says he is going to do on time, but also willing to go that extra mile to accommodate you the best way he can is a very rare treat indeed. Best of luck. It was a real pleasure working with you.”
– Adrian Pearson, London (1980s and 90s Beta-SP, DigiBeta and BVU-SP Edit Masters of TV production work featuring round-the-world yachtsman Chay Blyth, digitised to 10-bit 4:2:2 Uncompressed Quicktime files and also transferred to DVD for archival reference)
“A big Thank You for making it possible for me to watch my wedding with my family. So far it has has my Daughter in tears & both my nieces too. Most of the the older faces have passed away now including my own Parents but it is good to remember these times in our lives. My only regret is my late Aunt was unable to see it as she would have loved it. Once again thank you Colin, the quality is fantastic.”
– Linda W. and family, Leighton Buzzard, Beds. (Transfer of a 1974 Super-8mm wedding film to DVD with simple edits).
“Thanks for the excellent transfers of our camcorder tapes. We had them done by somebody else a couple of years back but it looked like they were using a cheap video player that has seen better days and the copies were dreadful. The AVI files you made for us and supplied on a USB hard drive are superb and I have already started the process of editing them into movies I can send to family and friends around the world. I thank you so much for the professional manner in which you have undertaken the work for us.”
– Ted and Sally Mackie, Rochdale (VHS and Hi-8 camcorder tapes to editable DV-AVI files supplied on a 32GB USB 2.0 Pocket Drive)
Dear SimplyDV, thanks for the excellent job you did on my late father-in-law’s old VHS tapes. The quality surpasses our expectations and we are all very grateful to you for doing it all in such short time. Thanks again – and good luck with the move to new premises. It’s good to see a business expanding in such times. That’s because you give such good service!
– Dan, Luton, Beds (VHS-C camcorder tapes to DVD)
“Dear Colin – I just wanted to drop you a line to say a big “Thank You” for the wonderful work you’ve done with our cine film footage. The quality is excellent and massively improved from the originals. We are all now able to spend many happy hours watching the treasured memories of my dad!”
– Stephanie, Halifax, West Yorkshire (Cine to Video transfers, creation of editable AVI files and also standard video DVD)
“To SimplyDV – only one word needed to describe your service: “Fab”. Thanks!”
A. P. Keeler, Kettering, Northants. (23-year-old U-matic SP video to DVD)
“I am writing this email to say a big “thank you” for the DVD containing some clips of my mother’s old TV and film appearances. She is ecstatic with them and it was such a lovely 80th birthday surprise for her. You interpreted my requirements perfectly and the result was splendid…. and I cannot thank you enough for your hard work.”
– Mrs. Gail P, Eastbourne (mixed format capture, conversion and compilation to DVD)
“Dear SimplyDV – a quick note to say thanks for the DVDs just received this morning. I can’t believe how good my old 1980s student U-Matic video recordings look now! Fab quality and great service. I have recommended you to others.”
– Mandy Ellison, Truro (Sony Lowband U-Matic to DVD via Timebase Correction)
“Hi Colin – I can’t tell you how impressed we were with the quality and speed of your turnaround a couple of weeks ago when we had a real emergency. We desperately needed to include two key scenes from a 1994 Betacam-SP master into a Final Cut Pro edit job. Trouble was that it was Friday at 4.00pm and we were editing over the weekend. No matter – having biked the tape over to you for Saturday am you quickly digitised it for us (perfectly) and then put the ProRes422 clips files up to our DropBox online the same day. We were able to include them in the edit with only a day’s delay. That’s service of the best kind. You’re a hero!”
– Dave Bickerstaffe, Glasgow (Beta-SP to Apple ProRes422 HQ via FTP/DropBox)
“On behalf of my wife and myself, can I please thank you for the wonderful job you did with our wedding tape. You transformed it into something to treasure. Thank you once again.”
– Mr P. B., Bletchley, Milton Keynes (VHS of Cine Film restore and copy to DVD)
“Fantastic, brilliant service. Can’t thank you enough.”
– Dave Martin, Milton Keynes (VHS-C, Video-8, Hi-8 transfers to DVD)
“Thank you for a superb service. Turn-around time was very fast indeed and the quality of the DVD copies surpasses our expectations. We will definitely be back for more!”
– Mr. E. Davison, Norwich (VHS to DVD transfer)
“Hi Colin, just a note to say how grateful I am to you for copying the VHS tapes to DVD for me. It contained the only video of our late grand-mother and we thought we might never see it again due to a faulty tape but you managed to save the day and on behalf of the whole family I would like to say thank you very much indeed.”
– Mrs Connell, Southampton (VHS to DVD transfer)
“Colin, it was great to discover somebody who not only knows what U-Matic is but who can transfer our 1980s master tapes to the standard required for video editing in Final Cut. Your excellent communication style is also a plus. We’ll be using you again, for sure.”
– Dan Bartrum, Birmingham (Low-band U-Matic and BVU-SP digitising to ProRes422 files on HDD)
“Dear SimplyDV, thank you millions for the DVD copies of my dad’s old Video 8 camcorder tapes. It was such a surprise for him to be able to watch them on the new laptop computer we bought him and it made his 80th birthday very special. Thanks for doing everything at such short notice.”
– Mrs Atkinson, Milton Keynes (Video8 camcorder tapes to DVD)
“Hi Colin, a big big thank you for doing the videos for me and for driving through 3″ of snow to get them to us in time for the party!! The quality of the DVD’s were really really good and although it might just be my imagination but they look better than the originals! You said you can supply copies without needing the tapes back, can I have 4 more please for other people in my family? Thanks so much.”
– Amanda, Milton Keynes (VHS-C camcorder tapes to DVD)
“Hi Colin. Thanks for the digital transfers of our ageing Betacam-SP training video masters. We’re all totally impressed not only with your attention to detail but also your quality of service. Nothing is too much trouble and that’s what impressed us most. We’ll happily recommend your service to anyone – they won’t find better! Thanks again for a job very well done.”
– Don W, Training Consultant, London (Betacam-SP transfer to editable video file on DVD)
Are you a satisfied customer who would like to add a comment? Please let us know what you think by using the Contact form and we’ll add your comments here. Thanks!
Please Note: All these citations are unsolicited and are reproduced by permission.